Johana Bahamon' Bio
In 2000 she began her acting career. After participating in 15 productions and her last leading role in the Tvshow “Three Miracles”, she retired from acting to dedicate and to work in prisons.
In 2012 she created a theater group at the women’s penitentiary “El Buen Pastor” in Bogotá, where she began her involvement in prisons. To date, she has worked in 31 prisons in Colombia, benefiting more than 30,000 inmates.
- In 2013, she created the Internal Theatre Foundation, now the Internal Action Foundation.
- She has carried out the I, II, III and IV National Prison Theatre Festival, with extra-mural performances for the public.
- Organizer of the first TEDx in a Latin American prison (TEDx “Buen Pastor”: How to Turn Mistakes into Opportunities).
- Member of the Prison Dignity Committee of the Ministry of Justice and Law (2013).
- Co-founder of Freedom House, a space for post-penitentiary attention in alliance with the Ministry of Justice, INPEC and Colsubsidio.
- Manager and creator of the first restaurant in the world open to the public in a women’s prison, INTERNO.
- She has participated as a speaker at important international events of the IDB, such as the Women’s Forum for Society and Economy in Deauville, France and Sao Paulo (2014), the True North Woman in Guanajuato, Mexico (2015), Tedx Mujeres Bogotá, Demand Solution in Miami., Women Economic Forum Latin America, McKenzie among others.
In 2017, she began her involvement with the juvenile prison sector.